Sunday, June 24, 2012

Back!

For the less than zero followers of this blog, there is good news: I am back and I shall start posting regularly again. I have been busy trying to make something of my life, but I have realized I won't be getting anywhere. So, I guessed, it is better that I tell you something everyday. My mother is in the intensive care at the hospital after a hematoma operation. But things seemed to have gone badly and she is hanging between life and death. And it has occurred to me that intensive care requires compassion and a great deal of understanding about the need for dignity in life and the option to die at the right time, as Nietszche said. Death is better than tubes and injections, especially if you have been a schizophrenic all your life and have sustained your waking hours with various kinds of drugs and an infinite number of sedatives. Let me see how my mum's stay at the ICU goes. At this moment, I can't but ask the God of death to be merciful and come early. Sometimes what we need is not more life wrapped in a hospital manual. A good death is often a luxury. Anyway, I will keep you posted.

No comments: